Position Summary: The Facilities Manager under the direction of the Director of Facilities Management and/or Vice President of Facilities Management will oversee the daily maintenance of the facility, its operation, the Maintenance staff and regulatory compliance. The Facilities Manager will also assist in the planning, design, renovation, construction, finance management and administration of projects for Schneider Regional Medical Center. Work involves the management of actual construction activities in coordination with architects, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors. Responsibilities include the regular inspection of facilities for repair and maintenance purposes, the planning of work required, and estimates of material costs and man hours required. Liaison is maintained with all departments to ensure that their support service needs are met in these areas. Work is performed with considerable independence in accordance with prescribed rules and regulations. Administrative supervision is exercised over maintenance staff in the Department of Facilities Management. Does related work as required.
Hazards & Physical Requirements: Regularly required to stand/walk; good manual dexterity; work in areas that may be confined; exposure to extreme conditions, hot/cold; respiratory precaution due to occasional exposure to dust, fumes, gases; exposure to moving mechanical parts; exposure to potential electrical shock; moderate noise exposure; exposure to heights; some CRT use; exposure to toxic, caustic, chemicals; climbing, bending, crouching, balancing, reaching above head, reaching above shoulder, twisting at waist, lift and/or move up to 25 lbs regularly; lift and/or move more than 100 lbs frequently; lifting from floor level, from waist, from above shoulders/head; push/pull up to 50-75 lbs; close vision, distance vision, color vision, department perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education & Experience: Associates Degree in a related field required. Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred. Minimum of 5 years Lead or Supervisory experience required. OSHA certification preferred.
- Must have an understanding of building design, equipment needs, HVAC, refrigeration, electricity, plumbing and elevators along with medical equipment and grounds keeping.
- Must have considerable knowledge of regulatory standards to including, but not limited to, Joint Commission and OSHA
- Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas and concepts
- High level of professionalism and integrity, with the ability to handle and manage multiple projects effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships at all levels with confidence