Case Management Services
Our Case Management department works to meet the needs of the patient, together with the Social Work department.
Office Hours :Monday - Friday (except holidays) 8:00am - 4:30pm
Phone: 340-776-8311 x5104, 5091, 5090
There is coverage available for urgent and emergency social work needs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.The Social Work and Case Management Department responds to referrals for inpatient and clinic patients at Schneider Regional Medical Center & clinics.
Case Managers assist patients and their families with discharge planning and insurance issues.
Social Workers focus on providing short term counseling and community resources.
The Department of Social Work and Case Management is committed to:
- providing discharge planning
- assistance and referrals to lodging resources
- supportive and adjustment counseling
- crisis intervention
- utilization management in support of our internal and external customers.
Services & Responsibilities
- Discharge Planning
- Utilization Management
- Insurance Questions
- Medicare and Social Security information
- Medicaid information
- State Disability information
- Case Coordination
- Psychosocial evaluations and treatment planning
- Supportive and adjustment counseling
- Advanced Directives
- Crisis intervention
- Provision of concrete services
- Hotels, Motels and Extended Stay
- Financial assessment and referral services
- Support Groups
- Abuse assessment and reporting
- Education and consultative services